Friday, October 11, 2013

Let a hundred projects bloom...

Finally getting an airbrush has opened up a whole new world. Its a somewhat frustrating world, featuring endless decisions regarding paint, thinning, cleaning, moisture traps, needles, cleaning, future, flat coats, cleaning, etc... While I cut my teeth on the rebel shuttle project my eye has been wandering. With an airbrush I can give aircraft models a proper treatment. And coincidentally I have been playing the fantastic X-Wing game with King Jeff. So I started to fantasize about converting those rules to World War II air combat and then before you know it I am buying up model kits. I decided to do Flying Tigers vs. the Japanese and I was ecstatic to find these new retooled kits on offer.
 
I pulled the trigger and now of course it seems the AVG didn't actually fight Zeros, they just called everything a Zero. So that means I need two more sets of planes, some Hellcats to fight the Zeros I already bought and then some Oscars to fight the P-40s. I am really looking forward to doing these model planes. I did so many as a kid and now I can do them properly. If anyone knows some X-wing conversions out there let me know!

2 comments:

  1. I'm very interested to see how this project turns out.. I like the movement mechanics better than WoW. Corsec engineering has stands for X-wing, as well as turn dials.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a really great project, Sky.

    ReplyDelete