All 24 AP pictured above. The force consists of:
Wizard General
Blades x 3
Warbands x 3
Beasts x 2
Behemoth x 1
Above, the Wizard Genreal.
Above center, a Warband unit.
Some units of Blades.
What better Behemoth for Lizardmen?
A unit of Blades in front of my Stronghold, made from pieces of an old, Grendel resin terrain set. It's mounted on a pair of wooden bases I got at Michael's.
I'll likely add a few more pieces to swap in and out for variety. Kroxigors are coming soon!
Scott
So how does HOTT play for those of us not familiar with the game?
ReplyDeleteQuick game?
Very quick. It has a simple, elegant mechanic that encourages you to seek the best match-ups of unit types.
ReplyDeleteCommand and control are random from turn to turn, so one turn you might be able to activate all of your units, while the next, you might only be able to activate one or two. IMHO, this does a good job of modeling the sort of fog of war that would occur on this scale of a battle.
All play is resolved with a single D6. Measurements are in inches. Play occurs on a 2' x 2' surface for 10mm and 15mm games, 3' x 3' for 25mm games. All elements are based on rectangular bases.
Scott
Who sells it? I can't seem to find it online at all. Anyone sell a PDF of it?
ReplyDeleteNo PDF. WRG has an ebay store here:
ReplyDeletehttp://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/The-Keep-and-WRG__W0QQ_armrsZ1
I'll add this link to the post as well for others.
Scott
I should add that the item was shipped very economically from England and I received it in 5 days. Not bad!
ReplyDeleteS.
Thanks for the link. Copy ordered.
ReplyDeleteCool! I hope you like the rules as much as I do!
ReplyDeleteScott
We love HotT around here, but don't play nearly enough (6mm scale). Nice looking army, can't wait for the Kroxigors!
ReplyDeleteThanks! We like 10mm because it is small enough for stands of infantry to look like real warbands, yet large enough to still carry a lot of detail. And with GW's Warmaster figures, they carry a lot of detail for 10mm.
ReplyDeleteScott