Anyway, the Master Shaper leads the Kroot Mercenary forces, and I wanted him to be impressive in body, so I used a plastic Khorne Berzerker to show that he has the Mark of the Favored Child. I gave this guy a Melta-gun and a power sword. He's also festooned with all sorts of other great gear from the Kroot plastic frame. The large shoulder pad is from the Tyranid warrior sprue.
Scott
Wow, that's some impressive painting and conversion work! I guess the Kroot list has been substantially upgraded since my playing days back in 3rd ed. Back then they had no wargear available at all, let alone power weapons and meltas. You've come a long way, baby.
ReplyDeleteWell, that list is totally unofficial, a fan created love-letter to the Kroot, if you will.
ReplyDeleteI think if GW had unlimited resources vis a vis development personnel, they'd do a proper one themselves. But that's not in the cards. The mitigating factor for casual play is that the fan created Kroot codex is so underwhelming, power-wise, that almost no one would complain if you wanted to field it against them.
Scott