Of course, I had to use the Terronus Goblin Druid miniature for my character. I painted up a new version on a smaller, 20mm slotted base, and added a Star Wars Miniatures Vornskr as his Wild Shape model. In 4th ed. the Druid is no longer sidled with an Animal Companion, but he can take a Wild Shape form that gives him access to cool striking powers.
I really love what 4th ed. has done with this class. He's now a cool close-in fighter when he needs to be, but he can also zap foes and control the combat area with deadly ranged elemental magic.
Also, here's a scale comparison shot with a Reaper chain fighter miniature:
--Scott
That is a fantastic figurine choice!
ReplyDeleteWhen play comes, however, remember that you can take on other beast forms, and decide at the time what you are transforming into. No mechanical changes, but I guess some times it might be handy to be a guard drake or a panther or something instead.
I've been reading your blog for awhile now, and just had to say I love your goblin and I've showing your page off to my regular group of players. The group's "Tank", a human two weapon ranger, has declared that when and if he has to make a new character he will be following your model, if for no other reason than the mini you've put together.
ReplyDeleteThanks, folks! I do have some other wild shape forms in the works. When I get hold of the models I'll paint them up and show them off.
ReplyDeleteScott
I play a goblin druid in 4th as well. His name is Goolash. He's mostly a ranged controller. I use skill powers to add a bit of the leader role, and his animal form for when he needs to fight melee. He turns into a badger. lol. He's my fav to play so far cause he has such a fun personality. I made him a vegetarian, so he's randomly munching on veggies. And whenever he meets someone new he takes his club out (broken tree branch) and says "Hi, I'm Goolash. Do you like my stick?"
ReplyDelete