Wednesday, January 13, 2010

"The best laid schemes o' mice an 'men..."

I know I said I'd get back to some 15mm sci-fi, but I just haven't had the chance to paint any of my existing stuff from other companies. I don't have the green light to show any of our own Blue Moon stuff yet, so I'm spinning my wheels a bit.

In the meantime, I came across some great pics I took of an old D&D metal mini I painted for my good buddy, Kurt, back in 2008. It's one of the old Iconic characters from Wizards' 3.X line of D&D releases, Jozan, Cleric of Pelor. This mini was done in both metal (the one pictured here), and in the plastic, pre-painted Harbinger set.

Kurt wanted to run a Warlord in D&D 4E, so I got hold of my extra Jozan (yes, I own multiples of many of the iconics--part of my miniature collecting mania), and did some conversion work on him.

Kurt did not want the crossbow on the mini, so I cut it off and replaced it with a pack, a healing potion, and a throwing axe--all GW bits I had laying around. I also swapped out the mini's mace with an axe head from a Privateer Press model.









Very simple paint job on this guy using some of my go-to Foundry colors. He makes for a very effective and convincing Human Warlord in 4E.

--Scott

2 comments:

  1. Gotta love those WOTC D&D metal minis! You should convince your friend to start painting, and set up a painting area, unless he already has one?

    ReplyDelete