- Over the weekend I played Dragon Dice again after more than fifteen years! The collectible dice game once owned by TSR now enjoys the sage control and management of SFR Inc. I bought one of their 2-player starter sets and played with my buddy Chris Moeller, who is a big fan of the game. We had a great time, and I fully intend to grab another starter and build up my Goblin army. If you like rolling cool dice, this is your game!
- We're playing D&D 4E again this weekend, with master DM Rico once again leading us into plunder and peril amidst the chaotic streets of Neverwinter. My Half-Orc Ranger will reveal himself as a Harper this week, and as that once august group now stands in disgrace and disarray, things could get very interesting.
- I continue to work on Dwarves for the October Halloween game at Bill and Lou's. I think I may expand my Dwarf warrior core unit to a full 30--6 across x 5 deep. The models from the old boxed set are simply a breeze to paint and my current method has them looking pretty good. Figure I might as well max them out.
- Finished reading A Game of Thrones, and I am taking a break before I dive into the next one. In the interim I am re-reading Katherine Kurtz's first Deryni series book, Deryni Rising.
- At some point in the near term I may team up with Rico to do something with Privateer Press' new boxed starter set for Warmachine. I will finally get to do plastic Men of War troops! Yes!
Enough musings for today! Later this week I'll feature an old project log that details one of my more successful conversions.
Thanks for visiting!
--Scott
Ha, I loved Dragon Dice, I even had a couple of the con-promo Dragon Overlord dice.
ReplyDeleteAre your dwarf warriors equipped with hand weapon and shield? I'd consider 5 wide and 6 deep to ensure you deny your opponent Steadfast when you win the combat.
ReplyDeleteThey do have HW and shield, and for aesthetic reasons, they will be 6 wide, 5 deep. It may disadvantage me, but I don't really care about that all that much.
ReplyDeleteThanks!
I believe we have a mutual friend who has a stash of unpainted dwarves that you might be able to coax from him.
ReplyDeleteI am sure those dwarves are on his painting table right now, Skip!
ReplyDelete