Sunday, September 4, 2011

Off The Shelf: Cobalt Abhors

I've raved in the past about Black Hat's Cobalt line, so here are a couple of minis from the Abhors faction. I painted these guys almost 10 years ago! They've served me well as villains over the years in everything from sci-fi to supers.







Thanks for visiting!

--Scott

5 comments:

  1. 10 years ago?! Jeez, the paintjobs have dated brilliantly! I wish my stuff from even 5 years ago was still passable, nevermind as good as these :) Makes me want to buy more Cobalt stuff too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Cobalt stuff, and I love that purple. Could it be the long-forgotten and long-since-terminated Symmetry Violet (from Target Games, I believe) for Warzone? Wish those paints were still around. I have heard that they had a higher ratio of pigment...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still Look good and fit in well as villains

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job!

    They remind me of a much better painted version of "The Marrow" figures from Heroscape.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They do have a similar look to the HS Marrow--same sculptor, as Bob Naimsith did all of the non-D&D Heroscape models.

    Skip, I believe I painted those using the long-departed "Nitro" Paints from Cell. Those were available in the late 1990's through early 2000's. They had a nice purple.

    Thanks for all the kind words! At some point I will pull out the "Large" Abhor and take a few shots of him for Off the Shelf. The folks from Black Hat are still working on getting his mold ready for re-release, and he will be well worth buying when he does show up again.

    --Scott

    ReplyDelete