Monday, December 17, 2012

Nobody Asked Me, But...

Being an occasional feature where I discuss a bit of this and that.

  • We saw The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey over the weekend, and I was really gobsmacked by how amazing it was!  Mr. Jackson and his crew pulled it off again! I loved every minute!
  • We played a small game of GW's Hobbit strategy battle game over the weekend. Great stuff!  We ran four Dwarves against a horde of goblins and warg riders and lost, but had a blast doing so!
  • I am currently following the progress of an amazing RPG Kickstarter, Fate Core.  Fred Hicks at Evil Hat Games has caught lightning in a bottle with this one, and the Fate RPG fans (myself included) are coming through with the support. In the end we'll have an amazing hardcover RPG suitable for use with nearly any genre!
  • Been re-reading my JLA/Avengers crossover trade paperback lately and marveling at how Busiek and Perez managed to pull it off so beautifully. Other comics I've dusted off an read of late include: Steve Ditko Collection v. 2 (with all of the great LSH and Starman stories), Dark Horse's recently King Conan re-telling of the classic Phoenix on the Sword written by Tim Truman and drawn by Tomas Giorello, and my X-Men Hidden Years v. 1 by Byrne and Palmer.
  • If you're looking for great maps of Middle-earth, check out Karen Wynn Fonstad's The Atlas of Middle-earth (revised ed.).  Brilliant cartography that will inform your reading and gaming of Tolkien.
  • After playing a great session two weeks ago, our Shadows of Mumbai Shadowrun campaign goes on break until after the new year. We had one dramatic character death in the last session--a story-driven one decided on by one of the players. So we lose a ninja-type and gain an AI--not too bad! 

Later this week I may complete Thorin's Company, or move on to something else.  Not sure yet!  

Thanks for visiting!

--Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment