- I am wondering when the RoboTech RPG Tactics Kickstarter plastics hit, if using them to play Alpha Strike on hex-boards from Memoir '44 might be an option? Anybody else thought of this? These would nicely fit the 1/285th scale plastic models that should be available by year's end. We shall see.
- I've just finished reading and reviewing a new RPG, Monsters & Magic by Sarah Newton, and I am stunned at how splendid it reads how much fun it looks like it will be to play! This fantasy game blends old and new school elements, and you can read my full review this weekend on Play Unplugged. Should be up Saturday or Sunday.
- I wait patiently (well, not so patiently) for the Bones "bomb" to hit my FLGS. I cannot wait to dive into the amazing releases coming. This will infuse my personal hobby-crafting with renewed enthusiasm.
- A library colleague of mine just turned me on to Lev Grossman's The Magicians, and while I am late to the party, man, it is good! Makes me even more eager for the Mage 20th Kickstarter to begin.
- Just re-read Captain America: The Bloodstone Hunt, and it remains one of my favorite Mark Gruenwald stories. It combines pulp adventure, visually interesting characters (Zaran, Crossbones, Diamondback), and centers around one of my favorite Marvel characters of all time, Ulysses Bloodstone.
Hopefully I can get some more painting done this weekend!
Thanks for visiting!
--Scott
Robotech: Not sure if they would work or not, I would assume it would be on how you base them. I do know some of the various mecha is in different sized bases (like the MAC for example) so that could be an issue with the hex-board style as it would overlap into other spaces instead of a single like other figs.
ReplyDeleteMy Bones are in the mail, I have 8.3 pounds of plastic minis slated to be here Monday! Now, I want to study everything, then figure out what to sell or trade.
I would have to agree with ya that was perhaps one of Mark's finest works on how he blended that story and the elements together.
What are these 1/285 scale plastics you speak of, and where can I get some?
ReplyDeleteThey won't be out until December (at the earliest) as that is when the Kickstarter is to start sending out backer rewards. Being that we have yet to get the backer pledge form and the ungodly amount of minis to backers, I am giving it until Feb or March before we get our product in our hands.
Deletewho knows when they will drop in the stores, at the same time or hold them back like some KS does...I do know they are talking about having some KS exclusives at some conventions they are going to.
Follow the link in my post and you will the KS page--they're hard plastic, classic RoboTech 'Mechs--the designs FASA "borrowed" in the 1980's to make their best BattleMechs. These are now referred to as the Unseen in BT circles.
ReplyDelete