Nice looking mini, and the photography is really coming along as well. I can't believe how much better your newer shots are than the stuff from the beginning of the blog. Practice makes perfect, eh?
I look forward to seeing Leo's buddies. Keep up the good work. -John
Thanks, John! Not sure if it's skill, a new camera, or luck. Maybe some of all three. That being said, those most recent comparison pics were taken with the old camera. I am not yet satisfied with the macro features on the new one.
Also, I can't upload directly to my netbook because there is no Kodak software that supports Linux. Bummer.
Sorry to hear of your uploading struggles. Does your camera use an SD card? Does your netbook have a reader for such a card? Rather than mess around with the cable and software and whatnot for my Fuji I just pop the memory card out and stick it into my laptop and presto! I'm in business.
Even if your netbook doesn't have a card reader, there are adapters that let you stick an SD card into a USB slot. I KNOW you have one of those.
Finally, you might take a look at this photo tutorial on my blog. It's packed with simple, useful advice about lighting and software that has made me a better photographer.
Krong may have bitten off more than he can chew...that kitten has claws! He looks like a lot of fun to paint up, can't wait.
ReplyDeleteThanks! I am excited to see his brethren, the Pride, look when we get them back.
ReplyDeleteScott
Nice looking mini, and the photography is really coming along as well. I can't believe how much better your newer shots are than the stuff from the beginning of the blog. Practice makes perfect, eh?
ReplyDeleteI look forward to seeing Leo's buddies. Keep up the good work.
-John
Thanks, John! Not sure if it's skill, a new camera, or luck. Maybe some of all three. That being said, those most recent comparison pics were taken with the old camera. I am not yet satisfied with the macro features on the new one.
ReplyDeleteAlso, I can't upload directly to my netbook because there is no Kodak software that supports Linux. Bummer.
Scott
Sorry to hear of your uploading struggles. Does your camera use an SD card? Does your netbook have a reader for such a card? Rather than mess around with the cable and software and whatnot for my Fuji I just pop the memory card out and stick it into my laptop and presto! I'm in business.
ReplyDeleteEven if your netbook doesn't have a card reader, there are adapters that let you stick an SD card into a USB slot. I KNOW you have one of those.
Finally, you might take a look at this photo tutorial on my blog. It's packed with simple, useful advice about lighting and software that has made me a better photographer.
http://thescreamingalpha.com/2009/04/22/better-mini-photos/