Outside the world of gaming I got my tomatoes planted, and the prospect of fresh garden tomatoes come July is an exciting one indeed.
I thought a little over the weekend about attending at least one gaming convention this summer (Origins, Historicon, or Gencon), but I am still up in there about it. Attending with Superfigs as a vendor is just out of the question for me now. I did Origins three years ago and it was a great time. We were well-received, sold a lot of stuff, and got to see and hobnob with our industry fellows, but mainly promoting SuperFigs as one-man show is exhausting. As long as I have a full-time gig with the library, I may have to swear off running a booth at any shows.
That leaves attending a show as a civilian, which is fine by me. I went to GenCon two years ago with my buddies Jan and Kurt as a normal civilian and it was awesome. We did have one dangerous encounter:
I'm the bald guy on the right. Kurt failed his save versus Fear and was nearly captured!
Scott
"They have a cave troll..."
ReplyDeleteHave you ever considered having people help you with conventions, perhaps in trade for miniatures or other merchandise? Just wondering, it seems a shame to lose out on that kind of exposure from a business standpoint.
ReplyDeleteBryan
http://mongoswafflehouse.blogspot.com/
Mongo, it's not as much the labor, but also the time from work, the wife, etc. It's a logistical thing, really.
ReplyDeleteScott
Well if you ever want to have someone go on your behalf drop me a line. I live in Lancaser, PA and am about 10 minutes from where Historicon and Cold Wars is held...I guess soon to be Cold wars and Fall In. Like I said I'd probably be able to work for metal. I don't know if you ever have anyone working with your company in that capacity, but I thought I would throw it out there. I know this is a business that people often run solo or in very small groups and are also very protective of and I totally get that. :o)
ReplyDeleteGAThrawn50@hotmail.com
Bryan
http://mongoswafflehouse.blogspot.com/
Thanks, Bryan! My close association with Old Glory ensures that we always have at least a mercantile presence at H-con, but someone to run a few games might be nice.
ReplyDeleteScott