Friday, October 8, 2010

Dark Eldar Preview!

I was very lucky to be asked by my FLGS to paint up some of their pre-release Warhammer 40,000 Dark Eldar models for display in the shop showcase. Last night I completed the first test-paint for the scheme I'd like to use, and I am very pleased.

I must also add that these plastics are phenomenal, brimming with character and menace!

What you see below is one of the Kabalite Warriors, the core of most DE forces.









I definitely want this force to look like it's been in the field a while, so I am weathering the lower legs to give them a dirty appearance.





And just for grins and giggles, here's a shot of the new DE Warrior next to an old DE Warrior (who happens to be standing on the 5th green at Augusta, go figure):



I'll have more of these guys on the blog as I finish them. The plan is to bring home a few at a time and paint them up, leaving the rest of the plastic sprues on display at the shop.

--Scott

2 comments:

  1. Great paint job. And I, for one, appreciate the change GW made to the helmet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! There are many nice head-gear options on these sprues!

    ReplyDelete