Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Halfling Wizard

At some point we're going to try the new D&D Essentials RPG material from Wizards, and I have been thinking about what sort of character I might want to play. One of the options I wanted to try was a Halfling Wizard. Finding suitable halflings for traditional D&D is pretty easy, and now since halflings got a little larger from 3.5 to 4E, many of the old D&D Minis gnomes also fit the bill.

Here's a Gnome I've re-painted to act as a Halfling Spellcaster.





This is a total re-paint, starting with a light brush primer of black, and going from there. I added the knife from my bits box--it's a GW knife I sliced off of a Mordheim figure. The moon wand is also kit-bashed from something, the source of which I cannot remember, but the bit looked good, so I used it.

Anyway, I've also got some interest in the Slayer version of the Essentials Fighter, so that may be an option as well.

This weekend, Gamma World!

--Scott

2 comments:

  1. Nice re-paint, but this figure is why one should really never play a halfling - in any fantasy setting ( except maybe Middle Earth ). Does his name happen to be Clem Shirestock, by any chance?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I was thinking of calling him Druggo the Hoblin.

    ReplyDelete