It's time for another installment of my occasional online yammering about things gaming and otherwise.
I'm a fan of many RPG's, including those powered by the FATE gaming engine. I was pretty stoked to find out that Strands of Fate will be available soon from Void Star, and presented in a sweet hardcover from Lulu. A generic, do-anything version of the FATE system will fit nicely in my RPG collection!
The Dark Eldar live to raid again! GW will be releasing a new wave of Dark Eldar models, metal and plastic, and I am pretty excited! Jes Goodwin has designed these new models, and the results look pretty spectacular.
I have run 3 sessions of Dark Sun using the D&D 4E rules and we're all having great fun! The 4E rules definitely benefit from multiple play experiences--the more you play them, the more at ease you become with the multiple conditions and the vicissitudes of position and character health.
I've got one or two more 28mm releases brewing for Aegis Figures before I shift to doing some 15mm stuff. I won't let the cat out of the bag as to what exactly until I have some greens to show off. It won't be 15mm SuperFigs--that's the province of Four-Color and Old Glory.
I will turn 40 in early November. It's odd, really. Not sure how to feel about it. I am in excellent shape at this point, but it's been noted by many that the passage of time seems to accelerate the older you get. From a gaming perspective, I have been miniature gaming since the Heritage Dungeon Dwellers set I got for Christmas in 1984 or so. That's 26 years! Yikes!
I'd like to take a minute to express my continued excitement about the stuff John at Khurasan keeps putting out. Simply dynamite 15mm models in many different genres. Very nice stuff!
Mongoose is shrinking down some of their Traveller line of books into even more affordable and portable "travel" editions. If you dig old-school "hard" sci-fi, then Traveller should be your brand!
That's all for this installment. I'll be back this weekend showing off some more painted minis. Not sure exactly what, yet. Stay tuned!
--Scott
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Between Starblazer Adventures and Legends of Anglerre, you have just about everything covered with FATE and tons of examples. We just played 40k space marines with it and had a lot of fun.
ReplyDeleteVery true, and I am a big supporter of Cubicle-7, but the generic aspects of Strands speak to me. That and the little hardcover book makes me want to buy it!
ReplyDelete