Tuesday, November 23, 2010

15mm Sci-Fi: Blue Moon Robot Legion Strider

This past weekend I tried a new color (for me) in the Army Painter line of colored spray primers. I'd been wanting to paint the Blue Moon Robot Legion Strider, so I thought this the perfect time to try the brown leather spray from Army Painter.









Once I sprayed the model with the Leather Brown primer, I found that GW Calthan Brown (from their Foundation line) is just about perfect for filling in those nooks and crannies that spray priming often misses. Once this was done, I went in and did the sections in the two secondary colors. I used Vallejo Gunmetal Grey and Vallejo Battleship Green to do the secondary areas.

I did some weathering tricks with Scorched Brown and more metallic, and used a very light wash with Devlan Mud over the brown areas. Overall, the method is quite fast and produces excellent results relative to the work put in.

Here's a comp shot with a Blue Moon sci-fi alien Aquan that I will talk more about tomorrow:



Tomorrow, more shots of the Aquan sergeant pictured above!

--Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment