Monday, February 21, 2011

CAV Models

Reaper's CAV is a decent combined arms mecha game, but what really shines about it are the models. Brilliantly designed by John Bear Ross, these heavy, 10-12mm scale mechs possess a unique character all their own.

They also make excellent stand-ins for RoboFire games!

Here's a shot of a Wraith and a Thug, two of my favorites that I painted up in a simple military scheme.






Even the smallest CAV makes for a hulking brute in classic BattleTech terms, but it's all a matter of perspective!

Thanks for checking out the blog!

--Scott

2 comments:

  1. the thug and 90% of the cav line was designed by myself, (james jimbo burrell) John a good friend did sculpt alot of them tho. The thug you posted was bby myself, the spector was by jamie vanschake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great paint jobs, though. I like the all-business look of them, seeing as I'm a "less is more" kinda guy.

    Best,
    JBR

    ReplyDelete