Saturday, February 19, 2011

D&D Essentials: Dwarf Slayer

At some point, if I get the chance to play a fighter-type again, I'd like to use D&D Essentials to play a Dwarf Slayer. No, not a guy who slays dwarfs, but rather, a Dwarven Fighter following the Slayer path as laid out in the Essentials Heroes of the Fallen Lands. Don't confuse this with Dwarf Slayers from Warhammer--any race in D&D can take up the mantle of Slayer.

D&D Slayers specialize in 2H weapons, not the sword and shield of the standard fighter.

Anyway, I picked up a dynamite Reaper dwarf to use for him, Thorvald Clawhelm, from the Dark Heaven Legends line. Great name, but I am calling him Ulli Firebeard, for reasons that should be obvious!







And a nice comp shot with my Dragonborn Druid:



Thanks for checking out the blog!

--Scott

4 comments:

  1. I find myself using the base types of the game that I may play with for different figures. Like Reaper I almost always go with Square bases on the off chance I get to play Warlord.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good point, but I just don't like squares as well for skirmishing and RPG figures. Just a weird idiosyncrasy of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My personal pet peeve, if you will on bases, if the hex one. I don't think I've ever seen a game that uses it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hexes with non-mecha games do seem weird. I think maybe Champions games might have used hexes in the past.

    ReplyDelete