Saturday, February 5, 2011

D&D Essentials: Tiefling Paladin!

The early morning D&D Essentials campaign could contain a Tiefling Paladin, so I had to come up with a mini for him, and Reaper once again has delivered! Their "Hellborn" make perfect Tieflings, and this guy is no exception.









Taejas, the guy playing this character, asked that he have a trumpet; it's part of his back-story, so I obliged by adding a horn from the Bretonian Men-At-Arms sprue:



A simple conversion, but it works well. Here's a comp shot with my own Dragonborn Druid:



I picked up the Essentials DM's kit boxed set on Friday and it is really excellent. A great way to re-experience 4th ed. D&D.

Thanks for checking out the blog!

--Scott

2 comments:

  1. Solid work. In terms of Essentials, I think the game would almost have been better off had Essentials come out first. It seems easier without a lot of sacrifice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed! I like it so much that I am interested in playing and running Essentials-only games, perhaps porting in Rituals or other select rules and classes from other 4E material.

    I think it's better than the original 4E material because they've benefited from the experience of releasing 4E and the feedback that came from it.

    ReplyDelete