Friday, February 4, 2011

Hordes: Croc Proxy

My 25 pt. Blindwater Congregation force contains no duplicate minis (except for my conversion of the Croak Hunter), but I have a 20 pt. build where I'd like to use a second Bull Snapper, that 3 pt. Light Warbeast that is hell to build and practically impossible to convert into a second pose.

Clearly, I needed a proxy. Enter Impact Miniatures. Their slick range of Sarcos croc models contains some medium sized figures just big enough to work as alternate Bull Snappers. I picked one I liked, ordered him, and when he showed up, I gave him a quick paint job. Here's the results:





And here's a comp shot with the actual Bull Snapper:



Not bad, works for me!

This weekend, more role-play models!

Thanks for looking!

--Scott

4 comments:

  1. Looks nice!Lots of character in the mini's as well.

    Cheers
    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!

    He actually looks a lot better than the official miniature!

    Lovely paintjobs on both of them though!

    All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome!
    The Roll Jordon Gators (Sarcos) are some of my favorite miniatures. I was actually considering using the Bull Snapper as a Kroxigor in a lizardman blood bowl team (before deciding to go with the even bigger Snapjaw) so it's fun to see you've done the reverse here!

    I was thinking that the salt water crocs of the team would make a nice alternate Gatorman Posse: just convert them by giving them weapons. Similarly, the Gavials could be nice Bog Trogs if given weapons too.

    ReplyDelete