After cleaning some of the mold lines off, I based him, then primed with Desert Yellow. After allowing it to dry, I inked the whole model with Devlan Mud wash from GW (mixed with a bit of white glue, as usual). I then did the metallic with Vallejo Gunmetal and some brass. I inked those with Badab Black.
I like the results, but I am still not sure I like them for my Rhulic force. I might want to go closer to the stock paint scheme, which is a weathered, off-white. Similar to one of my favorite foundry colors, Rawhide. More thought is required on this one!
Thanks for looking!
--Scott
I'm a big fan of off-white as a colour scheme, but so far my experimentation only goes as far as Kommando Khaki (GW) and Jack Bone (P3). I'm looking forwards to seeing your results with this.
ReplyDeleteIt seems to me that one could proxy an entire Warmachine force with just repainted Mage Knight models. They have enough Iron Kingdoms styled steampunk models for it.
ReplyDeleteHah! I have thought about that. It would be a fun mental exercise!
ReplyDeleteIf I had a Warmachine rulebook, I would. More just to do it than anything else.
ReplyDelete