Thursday, March 10, 2011

Goalsystem Fantasy

A number of people have recently asked me about a fantasy version of the Goalsystem engine. One does exist. We initially published it in our Terronus: Isle of Goblins book, but now I sell it by itself as a small, $2.95 PDF at both Wargame Downloads and Saber's Edge.

Here's the cover:



Anyway, it's a small rule set that allows for players to create their own fighters and expand the game in any way they see fit. At some point, I'd like to re-visit this and do a larger version with more options.

Thanks for checking out the blog!

--Scott

2 comments:

  1. Hey, thanks for pointing to its direction. Of course, being obsessive as I am I had already found and bought it, but now it occurs to me I could combine it with the CiCrp objective and campaign rules (which, having considered all the praise they've gotten online and the promising-ness of the 'demo' excerpt, I just purchased)!

    Say, why not take the time to make a page (e.g. somewhere in your blog) where all your game rules are listed and described? I suppose the answer is "because I don't have the time!", but I think your rules assortment deserves it, and so I mention it.

    (Or, at the very least, "Goalsystem" in your blog's Label should be bigger! Being too modest makes your fans suffer.)

    Thanks for Goalsystem and the CiC games!

    -Orpheus

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!

    I actually picked up a copy a while back!

    Its a nice simple little ruleset that I will be trying out when I get chance!

    It would be fantastic to see a more complete fantasy goal system game released at some point though!

    All the best!

    ReplyDelete