Saturday, March 26, 2011

LotR Plastic Goblins: Comparing Methods

In between working on pieces for clients, I managed to paint up a fourth LotR Moria Goblin, but this time I used my more traditional methods. I've included some comparison shots between one of the Goblins I did earlier using the dip and this latest one with Devlan Mud and highlights. I am much more pleased with the second method, and I will be shelving the dip until further notice.





In the two shots above, the Goblin on the right is the newest one--the work is cleaner and more controlled. Here are some shots of him alone:





Not counting priming time with Gesso, this piece took me 45 minutes from start to finish, including dry-brushing the base and painting the rim.

Here's the shot the current quartet, ready to menace some party of adventurers:



Thanks for checking out the blog!

--Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment