Tonight I knocked out the Major Callon character. Sculpted by Bob Naismith, this guy features some very cool gear and attire, but after priming him, I decided I did not like his gun. Instead I busted out the jeweler's saw and removed it and the right hand entirely, replacing it with a right hand from a plastic Catachan Jungle Fighter and a metal blaster pistol from Heresy miniatures.
Here he is:
And here's a comp shot for scale:
I really like the results. If I played him as a Dark Heresy or Inquisitor character, I'd make him either bounty hunter, or a Psychic Blank--those untouchables used so well in Dan Abnett's Eisenhorn novels.
Hopefully I can get to another one this week, but I do have Dwarves to paint and an RPG adventure to prep for! We'll see....
Nice work, very evocative of the model's action. That looks like a very dangerous band you've got there.
ReplyDeleteThanks! I hope to add to them this week, time permitting.
ReplyDelete