Sunday, October 28, 2012

'Clix Trix: Another Effortless Conversion

My buddy Eric has a great game and comic shop (Bill & Walt's on 4th Avenue in Downtown Pittsburgh).  One of the best things about it are the bins of 'Clix figures just waiting to be pawed through.  Many times you'll find 'Clix detached from their bases.

That's the case with the subject of today's post, a lovely blond oozing attitude.  She screamed "Technomancer", so that's what she'll be in the Shadows of Mumbai campaign.

So meet Sophie Sim--that's her street name!

Her paint work was so solid, I did nothing but re-base her and touch a spot or two up.





So if someone knows who this gal actually was, please sound off so other folks can track her down.

Ok, so I am told she's Boom Boom Tabitha Smith (thanks, Rich!) from the Marvel Nextwave series.  Now you too can add her to your collection! 

Thanks for visiting!

--Scott

8 comments:

  1. What's the store name and address? I'd like to get some of the civilian-type figures for my Judge Dredd games.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's Boom Boom from the Giant Sized X-Men set. She's a member of Nextwave.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you're interested Scott check out my blog at worlds-in-conflict.blogspot.ca
    There's a bunch of stuff there including some Heroclix I've been repurposing as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never heard of this girl, but loving comics I have to love her as well.
    And I do, realy nice figure and cool pose as well!
    You are a lucky man, painting such a nice figure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All I did was re-base her; the stock paint job was solid enough to just do that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice looking clix mate. great find.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, by the Flying Spaghetti Monster, I WANT a copy of this figure! It would only take a minimum of modding to make her perfect for a retro-futurist sci-fi game...

    ReplyDelete
  8. The info on Eric's shop is:

    Bill & Walt's Hobby Shop. 245 Fourth Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15222. Pittsburgh, PA 15222. Telephone: (412) 281-9040.

    ReplyDelete