I was fortunate to have a lot of folks I know help me out on the recent Goalsystem Delves Kickstarter we ran. Some of them were colleagues in the large public library system I work in, and don't game regularly or know much about gaming. Two of these folks, Don and Wes, each pledged for a single miniature. Small pledges, but important nonetheless for us to maintain momentum and continue adding backers.
Yesterday morning I had some time before work and I went to pack up their minis for inter-office mailing, and I just could not do it. I could not send these two guys I know so well and work with unpainted metal. What would they do with them? Throw them in a drawer? Anyway, I had 90 minutes before catching the train to work, so I resolved to speed paint these two figures (the Half-Orc Monk and the male Halfling Adventurer) to the best of my ability and let the chips fall where they may.
I wanted them to have figures they'd be proud to display on their computers or a book shelf. Anyway, I am pretty pleased with what I got done in 90 minutes.
Not bad for starting with un-based, un-primed, bare metal, huh? One of my most effective tactics is having a small fan right next to my painting station. This allows me to dry stuff quickly between stages.
Anyway, I've painted these figs so often (maybe 5 times?) in the last 3 months I could probably paint them blindfolded!
Thanks for visiting!
--Scott
Friday, November 30, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Nice Work Sir
ReplyDeleteThanks!
ReplyDeleteGreat work, nice mini's.
ReplyDelete