I picked this resin 15mm vehicle up so long ago I don't remember who made it, but I want to say it was Old Crow.
Anyway, it makes a perfect work truck for my DSG Colony-15 minis. Yesterday I took an hour to paint it up, and weathered the crap out of it. As a work vehicle, I feel like it would certainly be dirty and beaten, so that's what I did to it.
Check it out!
Thanks for visiting!
--Scott
Sunday, March 24, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Looks more like an early Combat Wombat sculpt to me, although it doesn't match any of the ones on his site. Is the base integral, or stuck on?
ReplyDeleteStuck-on Flames of War base. Also, the vehicle came with the lower and upper halves separate.
ReplyDeleteI could have glued on a wheeled lower half instead.
Super nice vehicle. Lots of scenario possibilities with this ride.
ReplyDeleteIt's an Old Crow Provider Transport... I keep thinking about grabbing a few of the 6-wheel versions. Seeing yours painted has me convinced.
ReplyDeleteNot sure about the half-overhang, half-underhang of that base... for hover vehicles, I usually prefer the entire base be hidden under the skirts. Do you use that same size for other vehicles?
Thanks, folks! On the base, it seemed an appropriate size for the vehicle. ground-effect vehicles like this one normally would ride fairly close to the ground, so I just affixed it directly. For me, the purpose of a vehicle base in 15mm gaming is provide a consistent point of measure, so having the base edges visible helps with that.
ReplyDelete