| On the left, the Bones Golem, and on the right, the metal version! |
Even cooler than the mini is what I did to paint him. I took him out of the bag, scraped a few mold lines off, then glued him to a base. After waiting for the basing pumice to dry, I then base coated him with Delta Ceramcoat Trail Tan. I put him under a fan for 30 minutes, then hit him with some Army Painter Soft Tone ink. After letting him dry over night, I came back the next day and dry-brushed him with Trail Tan.
After finishing the base, that was it!
So no rinsing, no primer, just right at him with the base coat and bam!
Can't wait to get more of these!
Thanks for visiting!
--Scott

Very nice. I started to put a base coat on that same golem!
ReplyDeleteFantastic golems but I will confess the new one looks better even though it is less "fancy" :)
ReplyDeleteI have the metal mini painted and based. The Bones mini looks slightly bigger, not in height but in bulk. Is this right or an illusion?
ReplyDeleteTony
I think he is slightly bulkier. Not sure why, but it does appear that way. Could be that when they rendered the mold for the Bones one there was less shrinkage from Master to Production.
ReplyDelete