Nothing earth-shattering, but this stuff motivates me to pick up the brush.
| Left to right: GB Dark Age Warrior, BT Komodo, Reaper Bones Golem. |
I got the Bones Golem from my buddy Rico, who picked it up at the Historicon flea market of all places! It seems some Bones backers bit off more than they could chew, and are now dumping the stuff where they can. Bully for me!
I may do him in a sandstone paint scheme, but we'll see!
Thanks for visiting!
--Scott
Go for the sandstone!
ReplyDeleteThere was a lot of Bones stuff available in the flea market. I started painting up one I got there as a test of the material. I washed it in the hotel sink with soap and hot water, let it dry overnight. Then I took it with me to the Paint N Take at Hobby University - a great set of classes that give lots of good tips and techniques. You really can paint right on the plastic without priming it. Neat stuff, and a LOT cheaper than the metal. (Like, ten bucks less for the Ape-X mini I was using.)
ReplyDeleteYes, once they make it to general distribution, I plan to hit them fairly hard. Look for a lot of them on this blog. I hope they eventually do their entire line in Bones. I want plastic adventurers. Monks especially, and Reaper has so many good ones.
ReplyDeleteI've been doing random leftover Superfigs myself lately. Very motivational - a nice way to encourage myself to keep going on the relatively dull commission job I'm in the middle of. I'd forgotten how much I liked that Krong the Mighty fig. Now if I can just find that Glock-Roach models that should be lurking in the lead mountain somewhere...
ReplyDelete