Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Prepping The Game

 We've got a big game planned Saturday. It's the second installment of our Dark Heresy-inspired skirmish RPG campaign, and we're playing through Tattered Fates. 

As I adapt the module over to my own Techno-Fantasy Skirmish rules, I realized I needed some specialized models for one potential scene. I needed character models for the Spider Bride and her coterie of female assassins. I decided to hit my FLGS because I knew they had a decent selection of old Heroclix models. These would be ideal for re-basing and repainting. I bought six figures $3.00 USD. Amazing! 

Here they are! 


While the book describes the women as dressing in gauzy gowns, beggars can't be choosers! And I prefer the more martial appearance of this crew. The larger model was a female bride of Thanos from the Marvel 'Clix line. 

So they're done! Now I'll finish with something funny that's followed me throughout my hobbying life. Here's my "main" character for the campaign, my Magus, Nalan Sicarius:


I spent a decent amount of time painting him up, and the amount of time I lavish on a character generally has an inverse relationship with how long they live! And true to form, Sicarius "died" at the end of our second scene / battle last session. As I think I mentioned a few posts ago, Stu's main character saved him by rolling the "Resurrection Chamber" event. 

We'll see what happens this Saturday when we continue the adventure. 

More to come! 


--Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment