Monday, February 21, 2022

Wandering in the wastes...

 I was mostly away from gaming for 3+ years from 2013 - 2016. I got a lot of stuff done during that time, and endured some hard times too. Once my life regained some stability in late 2016 I started thinking about gaming again. And game designs. The period from 2016 to the current day has been pretty productive for me. I wrote a lot of new games. 

The thing I am working on now is a deluxe version of a rule set I just released in Zine format: 


It's available quite cheaply on Drivethrurpg. You can find it here

What will make the "deluxe" version special, you ask? It will feature a full color cover and interior artwork, more character creation options, and more sample characters in the bestiary. 

Warzine is an ongoing experiment in game making for me. I pretty much did it all myself. My plan is to do more like it using that same rugged 3D6 game engine, but we'll see what develops. Meanwhile, I plan to release the deluxe version under the title Techno-Fantasy Skirmish, or TFS for short! 

I will keep the updates coming! Thanks for reading!   

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I have bought the zine, and it's great, could be great if for the "deluxed version" you could add more varied weapons, and a more "medieval fantasy" taste with armours and weapons.
    The warband organization is very simple and interesting tactically, without a point system.
    Keep updating and expanding the rules.
    What about publishing some AARs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Funny you should mention that! I have added some more options to the Special Weapon trait for both melee and ranged. I have also added many new cool traits, and a simple system for adding faults / flaws to your characters.

    I will try to do an AAR for our game coming up this Saturday. Much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete