Sunday, October 4, 2009

The Minions of Moulder

Still chipping away at my Skaven project. This time around I've got my first two completed Rat Ogres to show off. The Plague monk unit is coming along as well, and I'll show them later in the week.

I think my army will focus on Clan Moulder, the Skaven faction that focuses on breeding Rat Ogres and giant rats.



The plastic Rat Ogres kit is one of the main reasons I am doing Skaven for WFB.




The kit gives you many options when building these brutes.



I wanted to make at least albino Rat Ogre, so I gave this one a shot.



I love the hood and the many scars and pustules on this guy!





And of course you need a Pack Master to keep them in line!

--Scott

3 comments:

  1. I've just started on a box of Rat Ogres. Clan Moulder here I come! I'm currently covering up some of the gaps with green stuff. It has got to be one of the best and worst models out there. The details and ideas are great but everything fits together like an old He-Man figure!

    I'm curious as to what paints you used for the skin? It has an amazing cold and bruised look to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry! Just saw this! On the albino guy I used Vajello Medium Gray, and Delta Ceramcoat Trail Tan for the the fur. The whole figure was washed with GW Devlan Mud, then I went back and selectively highlighted with Medium Gray again.

    Hope that helps!

    Scott

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also threw in a bit of purple wash in some the crevices at the urging of a painter friend who's much bolder than I. It worked out despite my misgivings.

    S.

    ReplyDelete