I've had the good fortune to write quite a few rule sets over the years, but with the exception of SuperSystem, none have been more successful, or brought me more personal gratification, than Carpathia. I just love the damn thing, and seeing others playing it at this level does my heart good!
Here's one shot of his tremendous stuff:

So thanks, Jet! You made my week!
--Scott
Around these parts we're dusting off the Cairo rulebook, but our terrain seems lacking compared to these pics!
ReplyDeleteI know! I had the good fortune of play-testing on my buddy Sweet Lou's massive collection of MBA pre-painted buildings and scenery, and my cohort Lee Howard is an ace terrain maker, but I don't personally own a setup as nice as Jet's.
ReplyDeleteThe one failing in my collection is storage space big enough for all the cool terrain I'd love to own. Pics like the one above make me want to go buy lotto tickets to get that plan in action.
ReplyDeleteWell Scott, you've made my week by writing this post and complimenting
ReplyDeletemy work ;)
Cheetahmaster - no need for lotto tickets. All you need is a cheap
plastic shelf or set of storage drawers to store the stuff. Other than
that, the vast bulk of terrain in the photos is made from cardboard,
glue, sand, and craft paint. In fact, last night I finished priming
Grunberg's Lunatic Asylum, a piece constructed primaily from three
wooden jewelry boxes from the dollar store.
Before long I'll have finished the bulk of the terrain, and then my
group will be ready to start our Gothic Horror gaming.