As I come closer to finishing my Tyranid force for Warhammer 40K, I am looking to fill out my list with some of the special options available. I love the rules for the Venomthrope, but I am not a big fan of
the official model, a complex, multi-part metal model. I think I found a solution. It's the
Devourer from Reaper's Warlord line.
I painted him up last night and here are the results.




And here are some scale comparison shots:


I can also see using this monster in D&D RPG action and other sci-fi and fantasy skirmish games. Of course, when I finally get around to trying the new Warlord game, I can use him in that too!
--Scott
I think that will make its way into my Dark Heresy campaign. Nicely painted BTW.
ReplyDeleteI think the original base for the Devourer was the Grell from D&D. At least, that's what I'd surmise with that malevolent brain peeking out the top.
ReplyDeleteAwesome painting!
I think it would also make a great The Doom of Malan'Tai
ReplyDeleteAgreed!
ReplyDelete