Friday, May 21, 2010

GWI Preview: The Robots Are Coming!

Here's a first look at some of the models from our all-robot faction. The idea will be that any of the armies of the first Galactic War can hire a legion of robots. The quality of their weaponry and combat computers will be determined by their color. Red robot legionaries will be the most dangerous. But what's to stop a general from hiring some blue ones on the cheap and re-painting them red? All's fair in love and war!












These guys would also work great as 6mm mecha!

Here are some comparison shots!







More robots to come!

--Scott

8 comments:

  1. I first thought that these robots were extras from the Ministry of Silly Walks Monty Python sketch, but seeing them in the comparison shots with other figures in the range, I realised that these robots aren't just static clankers, they're actually in fairly dynamic combat poses. This suggests quite agile, fast and dangerous 'bots!

    I like them, and I'm really looking forward to the range being released!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look like they could do reasonably well as 6mm Zentradi Battle Pods...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I play in 3mm and am thinking of using these robots as 3mm gargantuan walkers.

    Can you tell us how tall they are?

    ReplyDelete
  4. They run 14mm to 16mm from shortest to tallest. Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some really nuce stuff, I am looking forward to purchasing some

    ReplyDelete
  6. So what are the chances that this will be out for Historicon?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Blue Moon may be selling models at H-Con, and I think they should, but the rules will not be ready until fall.

    Text is nearly finalized, but I need artwork, and we need to get a whole mess of figs painted for photography for the book.

    I'll let folks know more when I find it out.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I look forward to both the rules and miniatures. But if one were to come before the other, I would not complain in the least!

    If you want to release is parallel, one thought is a stripped down intro rule set, one page front and back. Give us basing, basic movement, basic combat, and a handful of stats.

    It would be fun to have something to run by Fallin.

    ReplyDelete