Sunday, May 23, 2010

Malifaux: First Figure

My buddy Joe Dragovich has been doing some great stuff with Malifaux and Steampunk related minis on his cool blog. Now my local shop may be doing some Malifaux gaming. That was enough to push me into giving the figures a try.

All of the Malifaux figures from Wyrd are really well done, but some are just too strange for my tastes, but I have settled on the Arcanists faction to start with. Among them, Marcus the beastmaster is among my favs, and I started with him.










Wyrd and others are really fond of putting their minis on rocks, but I just went with a normal basing scheme, except, since he is a beastmaster, I threw in one of Khurasan's excellent 15mm "Critters" to dress up the base. I also added a simple GW dagger from the Mordheim sprue.







I intend to pick up the rules and some cards for it this week. Next for Malifaux, some beasts for Marcus to master!

--Scott

2 comments:

  1. Great job Scott! I'll bring my minis back when i get back in June. My guild will have to have a rumble with your Arcanists.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed! Count on it! Look forward to your visit!

    ReplyDelete