- They were a 4-man party instead of the standard 5-man group.
- They had 2 strikers instead of a striker and a defender.
- They were unlucky.
- I mis-interpreted a monster power and made a creature too potent for 1 or 2 turns until I caught it.
- We're all still learning the rules.
In the meantime, my buddy Rico is setting up to run D&D Essentials, and we also rolled up characters for Lou's Gamma World game (that was a blast--I highly recommend getting that boxed set ).
I rolled up a Telekinetic Empath with the ability to briefly shift into a pure light form. I'll be using this model from vast repository of painted minis. He'll be ideal for post-apoc action.
That's all for now. Later this week, more painted Dark Eldar!
--Scott
Looking forward to hearing how your Gamma Adventures go.
ReplyDeleteFirst, nice one. I remember my first TPK...
ReplyDeleteSecond, I love the fig. Do you remember what it was called other than Deadlands/HoE Limited Edition?
The figs were only available from Pinnacle if you ordered a T-Shirt and rulebook combo pack when HOE rules first came out.
ReplyDeleteThey might still have the molds, or Jeff Valent may have them. He was a Mutant something or other. He's one of the character archetypes from HOE rules, and I no longer own them, so I can't say for sure.