Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Gamma World Again!

Well, having played Gamma World, we've found out we really like Gamma World! It possesses a beer and pretzels quality that really lends itself to easy, fun, and gonzo role-play. After playing one session, my buddy Rico decided to run a game of his own on Sunday mornings at Phantom.

Sunday morning? Well, the easy leveling and quick play lends itself to short, 1 - 3 encounter "episodes". This will hopefully work well in a Sunday morning, 90 minute time slot prior to the shop opening. Of course, I had to make another character for this new game, and making GW characters is almost as fun as making Traveller characters (for totally different reasons).

This time I rolled a Mind-Breaking Gravity Controller.

For the model, I used one of Blue Moon's Alien Supreme Commanders which I think would make an ideal set for any Gamma World GM.








Above is a comp shot of him with my first GW character--both sculpted by the incomparable Bob Naismith.

--Scott

2 comments:

  1. A friend ran Gamma World as an extended Monty Python episode, back in the day. Very funny - we still recall the Evil Pythonist Cult who used a Telekinetic Foot to smite their foes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! It is a gonzo setting if there ever was one!

    ReplyDelete