Friday, November 12, 2010

Halfling Cavalier!

When one of my best friends (hey, Jeff!) told me he needed a model for his new character, a Halfling Cavalier for his Pathfinder RPG Shackled City campaign, I was happy to step in and provide an appropriate figure conversion.

Finding good halflings (i.e., without big hairy feet and misshapen apple-heads) can be tough, so I went to my collection of D&D pre-paints and looked through the gnomes. Gnomes make great halflings in the newer D&D version of this small race.

Now on to the pics!



Jeff's character wields a magical blade that channels lightning bursts, so I tried to show that with a glowing paint job.






The dog is from an Iron Wind Metals Beast Master and war-hounds blister pack.




Here's a comp shot with a standard 28mm figure for scale:



Best of luck keeping this PC alive amidst the dangers of the Shackled City, Jeff!

--Scott

4 comments:

  1. Great stuff Scott! Love the mounted version.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice thing about the D&D minis when you can get multiples. But whose the 'standard' 28mm guy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's from the old Hero Quest line of Glorantha minis. Originally sold by Lance & Laser, some other company whose name I cannot remember picked up the line. If I think of it, I will let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joe, not sure if you're going to check this again, but that minis is now sold by Armorcast:

    http://armorcast.com/store/index.php?cPath=116_98_146

    Just an FYI.

    ReplyDelete