Wednesday, March 23, 2011

LotR Plastic Goblins

I have had a box of these sitting on the shelf for a while, so I busted three out and gave them a quick paint job. I experimented with Armory's dip, but I had only the lightest shade, and I did not get the best results. Tomorrow I will go back to my Devlan Mud + highlight method, and then I can do a comparison here.

I think for the time being, I am done with dip. Not enough control for my taste.







I'll be using these guys as Darkspawn in an RPG called Dragon Age that I hope to start running in April. It's a nifty little boxed set game from Green Ronin. I'll be talking more about it in subsequent posts.

Thanks for checking out the blog!

--Scott

3 comments:

  1. They look very good. I like dipped figures which is ironic since I rarely use dip myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They don't look too bad, but then again, your figures always come out looking very nice. I'll eagerly await the comparison between techniques.

    I've never used dip. I'm suspicious of the claims of its miraculous properties.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A comparison shot between the two will be cool, particularly with your lovely painting style. I am looking forward to that :)

    In my experience the benefits of dip can almost all be achieved with the ubiquitous Devlan mud. I experimented with dip for a while to try to increase turnover but came to the same conclusions regarding control. Devlan Mud gives a similar effect with more control and less smelly toxic mess.

    Dip will always help people who hate painting to get decent figures if they want them though. It has its place I reckon.

    ReplyDelete