Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Nobody Asked Me, But...

Being an occasional feature where I discuss hobby and non-hobby related topics in brief.

  • My recent foray back into Heavy Gear painting caused me to stumble on a picture of a Northern Sabertooth I painted a couple years ago. Because I always like to try to include pics of minis on this blog, here goes one from "off the shelf":


  • This weekend I plan on running a Star Wars game using Bash Sci-Fi, a great RPG rules set that I have discussed before on this blog. The supers version of the game is also excellent. Maybe next week I will show off a few of the minis I prepare for the session. Don't want to spoil the fun for any of my players who read this blog! The game will take place during our wildly successful early Sunday morning slot.

  • Starting to get more excited for Origins. So far all I know for sure is that we plan to play our favorite dead CCG, On the Edge, at least one night while at the Con. I definitely want to get involved in some miniature gaming action, but I am not sure what. I could bring my Hordes stuff, but I don't know if I have it in me to do a Hardcore (a format that requires painted and based models) PP event. And I cannot play in an event where my opponent's stuff might not be painted and based. So it's Hardcore or nothing. I'd also like to give AE-Bounty a real try--either in 28mm or 15mm.

  • My Dragon Age game last Saturday went very well. As I suspected, the system is elegant, clean, and easy to learn. I ran the first 4 encounters of a published adventure for the game. Lots of inspired role-playing by my group made it a hoot.

  • Labors of the Gods trundles toward completion. My buddy Joe is close to finishing the layout, and I will take a few days to go over it for grammar, spelling, and other minor corrections. It will be a smaller Goalsystem book (around 40 pages), and I will sell it with my usual purveyors at $6.95. No plans to do a mass dead-tree release, though I might get short runs printed up to sell at Phantom of the Attic or other interested shops. The back of the book will contain a handy list of all of the major makers of 28mm and 15mm Hellenistic and Greek Mythology figures.

  • Still reading through my recently completed Arak run. I'm up around #26 and loving it!

  • Recently traded for some Jovian Chronicles miniatures, and man are they beautiful. I usually prefer terrestrial mecha action, but I've been meaning to give the Mecha RPG a more thorough try, and one of the core settings in the book is a RoboTech-like space opera. The JC minis will be ideal for this.

That's all for now. Thanks for reading!

--Scott




No comments:

Post a Comment