Sunday, May 8, 2011

Heavy Gear: Mad Dog R

Continuing with my scale and genre shift, I dug out some of my unpainted Heavy Gear models. I had wanted to do a Western Frontier Protectorate mountaineering force so I assembled some models to work on that project, then promptly moved on to something else.

So it is nice to have that stuff in reserve for times like these. There are so many Gears I like among the Northern faction options, but chief among them is the Mad Dog R, Den Mother, Bear two-pack.

I wanted to use the same scheme for this group of gears that I used for some BattleMechs I did a while back.

Here's what I've managed to complete today:











And here are some comp shots with other HG stuff I've done:





This week I hope to receive some 15mm Valkyrie suits from Art Crime productions, and when I get them, I will be sure to paint them up and show them off here!

Thanks for checking out the blog!

--Scott

5 comments:

  1. I've wanted to get some Heavy Gear stuff for some time, but I'm worried about hoe they scale with other 'genres'. Would you be able to do some scale comp between some of the different things you have?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet. I have a few of the old larger scale Gears somewhere in my collection. Been waiting to acquire some 15mm infantry to go with them, but now I might dig them out early and have a go.

    I notice that you painting style and mine are VERY similar. Which means I find all kinds of inspiration from your figures. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, guys!

    CounterFett, I will take some shots tonight. I will compare the gears with some BT and EM-4 stuff. I can also take shots of them next to 15mm sci-fi that I have.

    C.C., thanks again for the complements on my painting! I like to think of myself as painting to a high table standard. I try to strike a compromise between getting stuff on the table and having it look good.

    Anyway, I'll try to provide that update post tonight or tomorrow.

    --Scott

    ReplyDelete
  4. I gotta get my variant for Heavy Gear Robofire done. Makes me want to do some fast HG combat(which you can't do with any variant of the DP9 rules)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know, I lament that. If you get that variant done, please share!

    ReplyDelete