It takes longer, but the results can be more pleasing. It's a different look. I am still debating whether or not to weather these, dirtying them up and making them look a little more care-worn.
First, we have a 50 ton Crimson Langur, a Clan Omni-Mech I intend to use for a high-tech, 3085 era Merc unit.
Next we have a 70 ton Shootist, a very blocky, but well armed 'Mech:
And some comp shots between the two. I like how the Langur is noticeably smaller than the heavier Shootist:
Of the two schemes, I prefer the one on the Langur, so I think I might base an entire unit on that. However, the Foundry Slate gray I used on both does tie them together, and they could be used in different lances of the same company.
--Scott
That's some nice paint :)
ReplyDeleteI always think the extra effort pays off, especially with low model count games/armies.
Agreed. Every time I think I've come up with a super-fast and easy way to paint a figure, I invariably regret it and wish I'd just done it properly. ;)
ReplyDeleteThey look great, I want to see more.
ReplyDeleteThanks! I'm on vacation most of this week (off to Gettysburg to do the tourist thing), but I will resume work on BT and other stuff this weekend.
ReplyDelete