Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Dark Sun: A Dwarf Conversion

Dwarves in Dark Sun are tricky. They don't have beards and they're largely hairless.

This presents some challenges for someone wanting to create convincing minis for a DS RPG session. I found one excellent candidate so far, however. Wargames Foundry makes one of the best-loved lines of Gladiators around. In it are several dwarf gladiators perfectly suited to Dark Sun.

With a few bits added, here's my first DS Dwarf!





I worried his blade a bit and made it look more like a natural substance, some sort of green crystal in this case. I need to clear coat the mini, then varnish the blade.





The above spiked shield bit is from the Tyranid Warriors plastic sprue. The pouch is from the Bretonian Men at Arms sprue.

And here's a comp shot for scale reference:



More DS conversions and finds to come as I work on them!

--Scott

1 comment: