I painted this big, nasty 'Mech in the same style as the Crimson Langur and the Longinus Battle Armor. Check it out:




And a nice comp shot that takes in all three of the new unit:

I'll slowly add more to this as I go along, but I may take a break from Battletech the rest of this week to tackle a more pressing project: Dark Sun! The itch to DM has again struck me with the release of Wizards' re-vamp of the Dark Sun campaign world, this time for D&D 4th ed.
The only problem? Lack of appropriate miniatures. I'll need help in the form of suggestions as to where I can find the following: cannibalistic halflings, Thri-Kreen (mantis men), fantasy models without a lot of metal armor and weapons. And that's just for starters.
Anyway, I may run a character generation session Saturday, but any help in the mean time is much appreciated.
Thanks!
--Scott
Mech looks great. You are creating a nice mixed unit team. If I have not mentioned it yet, I like your background stuff too.
ReplyDeleteThanks! I need to make some more terrain in that same style. Just have to make time to get more MDF cut for the bases.
ReplyDeleteLove the mechs Scott! I'm getting the itch to do Battletech now
ReplyDeleteIf you do Dark Sun in 15mm you can use the Khurasan cannibal Halflings.
http://khurasanminiatures.tripod.com/myst100.jpg
And the Mantis men
http://khurasanminiatures.tripod.com/t1210.jpg
perhaps some Tibetans for the armored fantasy figures.
http://khurasanminiatures.tripod.com/k400.jpg
Thanks, Joe! For the time being, I am focusing on 28mm. But I think a line of 15mm "not" Dark Sun would do really well.
ReplyDelete