Sunday, August 15, 2010

Dark Sun Character: Thri-Kreen Ranger

Continuing in my search for viable Dark Sun models to use for my D&D game, I realized I'd ned some Thri-Kreen models. I found a perfect mini from the old Magnificent Egos fantasy line (now owned by Valiant Miniatures). I purchased their excellent "Tru-Keen" figure from Noble Knight Games, an online vendor I recommend with confidence.

Anyway, between other painting duties, I banged him out this weekend!







I did the blades in crystal, as metal is rare on Athas, the world of Dark Sun.

And some comp shots to give some scale reference:





Honorable mention goes to Black Orc Games' Hundred Kingdoms Myrm models. We'll be adding a few packs of these to our collection for more variety.

Later this week, I may have a good lead on some Cannibal Halflings, and a Skaven surprise!

--Scott

7 comments:

  1. Cannibal Halflings: I was going to try out theses guys.

    http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat460023a&prodId=prod1070176

    I also looked into some undead pygmies from Conquest, but they are too undead for my taste. I'm interested in what you may be doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There you go, reading my mind again! I just bought a box of these guys from the FLGS yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're really close between human-halfling size. If I can't swing them as halflings, they'll work as humans. I intend to give them some boots with green stuff, and add some bone armor and packs to them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here are some others I had thought about using:

    http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/Bloodstone%20Gnomes/latest

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have some bloodstone gnomes, too. Had not thought of using them for this, but they might work too.

    They suffer from some exaggerated proportions. But the ones without helmets could work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What's the lizardfolk miniature there? I've been looking for something similar for a while now.

    ReplyDelete