

Ok, by this time, probably 1986, we had graduated from using straight MERP, to the more advanced Rolemaster, MERP's parent game. Unlike most other RPG groups, we began our gaming careers with the ICE family of games. I did not really seriously play AD&D until college. Anyway, Odo Took, the rather burly hobbit pictured above was one of the many characters I made for myself, then commissioned my friend Matt to draw for me. I likely never got a chance to run Odo in a game, because I was the GM more often than not.
The character sheet is pretty clean, so I suspect that Odo was never truly unleashed upon the unsuspecting populace of Middle Earth. Well, he's now gained a measure of immortality, and perhaps now he can move on to his final rest at the Gray Havens.
--Scott
Ahh MERP... what good times. Like you, I spent far more time GM-ing than actually playing. Sir, thank you for this trip down memory lane.
ReplyDeleteMy pleasure!
ReplyDelete