Saturday, August 20, 2011

Off The Shelf: Reaper Barbarian

I saw the new Conan movie last night and I was very happy with just about everything. Mr. Momoa played an excellent Conan, and the supporting cast was aces! Costumes, effects, and script were all solid.

One of my only complaints was that the sound in the theater was so damn loud that it sometimes washed out the dialog. Oh well. This one will be a must buy on Blu Ray.

Anyway, in tribute I dug out a Reaper barbarian I painted a few years ago--not sure I ever photographed him before, so here he is!





This gamer's advice, don't listen to the bleating of critics who don't understand the sword & sorcery genre, go see Conan and expect to have some fun!

--Scott

4 comments:

  1. Very nice Barbarian. I never really fancied that miniature until now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, folks! He's part of a small sub-section of my fantasy minis collection that is suitable for Bronze Age/Conan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw Conan this weekend as well. The sound was cranked to the max and the next morning I couldn't listen to podcasts with my ear buds cause they were ringing.

    Great movie though and an awesomely suitable barbarian for that theme. Thanks for sharing Scott.

    ReplyDelete