Thursday, October 13, 2011

15mm Fantasy: Part II

Another modest addition for today--the first figure from the Northmen pack from Copplestone's 15mm Fantasy range.









And a slightly better look at the scorpion, who is proving harder to photograph than Sasquatch!



Thanks for visiting!

--Scott

9 comments:

  1. Copplestone has read my mind and sculpted the Foundry Ancient German line in 15mm. I'm going to have to go back to doing ancients in 15mm. I may even see if I could use these for the new SAGA rules.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After a brief e-mail exchange, I learned that he is really doing a Fantasy version of ancient Britain. Have you read the R.E. Howard story "Worms of the Earth"? That's a Bran Mak Morn tale, and really my favorite Howard story of all time.

    Read it if you have not done so. That's what he is going for.

    Look for "Howardian" style Picts coming soon from Mr. Copplestone.

    Scott

    ReplyDelete
  3. The stuff just looks better and better.

    And if you want all of the models in focus, stop down ( make smaller ) the aperture on your camera ( should be labeled something like "aperture" in a digital ). It needs to be smaller ( the larger numbers, like f16 or f22 ) in order to have a greater depth of focus.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man that sounds awesome. Keep it coming Scott. Let us know if you want a playtest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, guys! Ken, I am working up some basic mechanics now. Maybe I will post them here and get some quick feedback to make sure I am barking up the right tree?

    We'll see....

    ReplyDelete
  6. gee these are great figures, you would swear they were 28mm, 15mm has come a long way over the last 5 years, great paint job, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh well, seems like everybody is inspired by these fantastic Copplestone miniatures.
    This is a great paintjob and I have to agree with Dan, they do look like 28mm.

    QUOTE: "Have you read the R.E. Howard story "Worms of the Earth"? That's a Bran Mak Morn tale, and really my favorite Howard story of all time.
    Read it if you have not done so. That's what he is going for."
    OK, order for this book is placed! Just read the GURPS Conan rulebook for more Barbarian inspiration, but I think that Conan isn't exactly what I am aiming for with the Barbarian rules I am working on.

    Whiteface / Oliver

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oliver, you will not be disappointed in getting hold of those Bran Mak Morn stories. Worms of the Earth and the others tales therein are awesome!

    And thanks for all of the kind words folks! I hope to have at least one Blue Moon 15mm Gothic Horror werewolf done this weekend, and it scales wonderfully with these figures, giving them another foe to fight!

    ReplyDelete