Let's face it, there are a lot of fantasy heartbreakers out there in the RPG industry. Barebones Fantasy is not one of them! This little 84 page, digest-sized gem of a book delivers awesome traditional fantasy RPG action with a few neat twists. It's percentile based, uses only D10s for all resolution, and offers the 4 classic fantasy races as PCs: Elf, Dwarf, Human, Halfling.
The magic system possesses a slick and versatile character that makes it diverse without being complicated. And it's miniature friendly! Bonus!
Anyway, more BBF as I run through some play-tests!
Thanks for visiting!
--Scott
Tuesday, March 26, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I agree. It's very good and it's from Bill Logan, who is the force behind the Star Frontiersman magazine and his DWD Studio. I really liked his Adventure Idea Factory product and followed the development of BF. Its a good game. You'll enjoy it.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Scott. That's $20 more gone from my wallet. I'm reading through it now while I wait for the hardcopy to print and ship.
ReplyDeleteHah-hah! No problem! It's a slick little book--I intend to order a second copy in hard cover!
ReplyDelete