Thursday, February 25, 2010

Warmachine: Hydra!

Hail, Hydra! Wait, that's a different comic! Anyway, I have begun painting and assembling a Retribution of Scyrah force for Warmachine. My first finished piece, the test of the paint scheme, really, is the plastic Myrmidon heavy warjack kit. Among the options in the kit is the Hydra. I liked its hulking, almost ape-like quality, so I decided to start with it first.



















The scheme is dead simple. Started with a black undercoat, then blocked in most of the body using GW Mechrite Red. Then I went back and mixed the red with GW Macarius Orange. The black inner areas were highlighted/painted with a dark gray from Vallejo. The blue jewels were done with Foundry's 3-step Sky Blue. I weathered the feat and lower legs by stippling on some GW Scorched Brown.

I really like this figure's funky lines. He would also make a great SuperSystem character, and he may get drafted into some super slugfests at some point.

4 comments:

  1. Once someone pointed out the, uh, giant codpieces that the Scyrah 'jacks have, that's all I can see every time I look at them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, man, if you got it, flaunt it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cryx have the peener spike(s), Retribution have a codpeice...is PP trying to tell us something?

    ReplyDelete